El Mayor Reposado
From Tequila Gringo:
This bottle didn't last long with us, it was too good! We found there to be gentle vanilla and caramel tastes along with delicious agave. A great sipping tequila that we highly recommend you try. This 100% agave tequila is aged in white oak barrels for up to nine months. An absolutely beautiful bottle as well makes this a great gift and a real looker on the bar!
From El Mayor:
100% Agave Tequila
- El Mayor Reposado is 100% agave tequila made at the Gonzãlez family-owned distillery under the watchful eye of tequila master Rodolfo Gonzãlez.
- In Spanish, El Mayor means “the greatest”, and as such, the El Mayor Reposado is an ultra premium tequila perfect for sipping or for mixing that special tequila cocktail.
- El Mayor Reposado begins with the Blue Tequilana Weber agave grown in the Highlands of Jalisco, where natural conditions produce a larger, sweeter heart that yields the unique characteristics demanded of El Mayor tequila.
- It is double-distilled under time-honored, traditional methods enhanced by the technology in the state-of-the-art Gonzãlez factory, a combination resulting in the highest quality, premium tequila.
- Prior to bottling at 80 proof in 750 mL bottles, the tequila undergoes a personal tasting by Rodolfo Gonzãlez. Every bottle is unique as each is hand labeled, numbered and signed with Rodolfo’s approval.
- Aged for up to nine months
- El Mayor Reposado has a medium golden amber color
- It has an aroma with hints of sweet fruit, caramel, vanilla and light spice
- The taste starts with a smooth, round entry that leads to a dryish, medium body with perfumed fruity agave, vanilla, spice and caramel notes
- El Mayor Reposado has a smooth and balanced finish with a fruity perfumed spice
- Best of show platinum award 2007 San Francisco Spirits competition.